Here are several ways to get involved in the upcoming fall auction fundraiser:
- Prep: Over the summer and early fall, keep your eye out for items that may have wide appeal for the start of a silent auction basket, new and gently used items welcome (think about gifts you have received but are not thrilled about, yard sales, clearance sales, et cetera). We often put baskets together that have single items from several people who turn out to be favorite auction baskets. Recently one chicken-themed item was the start and inspiration for an awesome basket at the spring event!
- Fundraising Bin: Bring these items to Dodd Hall, clearly labeled with your name, and leave in the green fundraising bin.
- Baskets: Let us know if you will commit to donating a basket. View previous basket ideas.
- Money: We’ll purchase items to fill in baskets or gift certificates for restaurants, stores, services, et cetera.
- Donate: Repeat donations from previous years are more than welcome, and we love new creative ideas as well. Getting together with FUUFHC friends to create an event is a wonderful thing! Service and activity-oriented items are always big hits at the auction. If you have a special talent or hobby, create an event to share it with others, and everyone wins! We can help get your creative juices flowing, so don’t hesitate to ask!
- Food: Drinks and food are also much-needed donations for the fall auction. We solicit donations from a few local stores but need donations from all of our talented cooks and bakers as well.