Music Director Job Description/Listing:
First Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Hunterdon County (FUUFHC) is a small congregation (approximately 130 adult members and 80 children) but a very active one, with a passionate love of music. We are seeking a new Music Director to start at the end of the summer of 2018. This is a 10 hour per week position, from mid-August through mid-June each year, compensated at $20-$25 per hour depending on experience and abilities. The Music Director’s main responsibilities will be to:
A) Collaborate with the minister and music committee to choose, prepare and perform music for Sunday services (a prelude, two hymns, and a musical meditation).
B) Choose, prepare and perform music with the choir one Sunday per month.
C) Provide additional music for special occasions such as holidays and memorial services.
The Music Director will be required to:
- Conduct choir rehearsals at least once per week on Wednesday or Thursday evenings to prepare choir for special services noted above. Each special performance date will also be preceded by a short rehearsal on the morning of each performance.
- Coordinate music for Sunday morning services, which includes selecting hymns, instrumental and/or vocal music appropriate to the service, and arranging for musicians and/or singers to perform the selections.
- Accompany the congregation for hymns at each service, or arrange for accompanist during services if necessary. Direct or accompany the choir at special performances noted above.
- Demonstrate strong piano skills. Serve as accompanist at rehearsals and teach individual parts as necessary during rehearsals.
- Maintain clear and timely communication with the minister and musicians involved in providing music for all agreed-upon services.
- Confirm with minister details about agreed-upon musical selections (e.g., names and composers, who is performing) for printing in the order of service each week.
- Meet with the Minister on a regular basis to review the status of the music program and attend Music Committee Meeting as often as possible.
Please, direct inquiries to Rev. Seth Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org or (908) 899-2738. We look forward to making music with you!